Monday, February 12, 2018

Monetization

January 21, 2018 Sunday I tried applying for monetization on Youtube last November 2017 and had been reading their policies and learning how to monetize my channel. When I started making videos on Youtube last 2014 I just wanted to show my projects and be a member of the yarn community. But eversince I have been making tutorials about beaded wallets I thought of monetizing. I just needed to have some type of income to support my tutorials and for me to build it better. So I applied for it last year in hopes of being approved. Days and weeks past and still the monetization button is not enabled. I was wondering what I did wrong or did I miss something. I keep borrowing a laptop from my sister to read their policies and keep searching for things that I wasn't able to do. I even thought I should pass the creators exam part of it. I thought about having the 10,000 views requirement and even surpassed it. I also applied for adsense and I followed through the bits of it but what might be the problem? So as soon as I saw Ms Zoe's recent video featuring monetization then I knew what it was. I am dismayed with the requirements that needs to be met before monetization approval. I thought about the first few months when I started to make videos. How hard to even make 50 subbies. It's just lately that my subbies list picked up. All because of my tutorials. I'm quite happy with 800 subbies but to know that I needed 1k subbies to be monetized really saddened me. What more is it needs to be met come February 20. A thought came to mind that it is impossible for me to meet that. It's just not plausible to accumulate that much more subbies in quite a short time. I hoped they will extend it. It is really becoming a huge stumbling block but what can we do? We can only try our best to promote our channel and hope for the best. But for whatever outcome it may have I am still determined to make more show and tell videos and tutorials because I have come to love the community that I am in and what's important is it makes me happy. And I also hope to make my friends happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment