Friday, September 14, 2018

About Anne

About Anne: So we have been watching this animation lately on our TV Plus. The title is "Anne of Green Gables". It was derived from the novel by Lucy Maud Montgomery. I remember watching this type of animation growing up and one of them is Sara the little princess and Cedie the little prince. That's where I got my nickname that i use online. It caught our attention right from the beginning and we have been so engaged in watching it lately. It is a story about an orphan girl who had lived with other families before. She was sent to meet siblings Marilla and Matthew who lives in Green Gables. At the start they were expecting a boy who will help them with their farm so they were quite in shock to find Anne. In the end they decided to keep Anne. Marilla is given the task to bring her up and teach her things she needed to learn. During her stay with Marilla and Matthew Anne has gotten into different types of mischief like being accused of losing Marillas brooch, putting liniment to the cake she baked, falling from the rooftop because of a dare and others like dyeing her hair green. But as time goes by Anne became a responsible and obedient girl. She has met her bossom friend Diana and they too have some adventures on their own. She also met her best enemy as she says, a boy named Gilbert Blythe. There are also other characters that brought to life the whole story and made Anne shine. As the story progresses as we watch on tv I was kinda anxious about how the events will turn out. My curiousity got the best of me so I had to watch the next episodes early by way of Youtube. I was happy to find full episodes with a playlist. It's just that the language is in Japanese and I had to read the subtitles. But I didn't mind because I really want to know what happens next. So after passing the entrance exam at Queens Academy Anne went there to study for a whole year. She often goes back to Green Gables at the end of each week but there was a time that the snow is so rough that she wasn't able to go back for about months on. Marilla and Matthew really misses her. All the while Marilla and Matthew has been experiencing some health problems. Matthew with his heart and Marilla with her frequent headaches that is due from her eyes. After the exam and Anne won the Avery scholarship she got to go back to Green Gables and was reunited with her friends and her guardians. I was just devastated when it got to the part where Matthew died. It was really heart wrenching. After his death Anne decided not to go to Redmond and stay with Marilla. She plans to teach at Avonlea which came true because Gilbert decided to give the chance to her. The last bits when Anne decided to thank Gilbert for what he did is the climax for me. They were able to reconcile after years of being not in so good terms because of old faults and misunderstandings. I was quite glad to think about how they will be after that. I was longing for a sequel that is also in animation but just coudn't find one. I read that Ms Lucy Maud M. made some sequels to the story and there are other shows too that I have seen online but I just expect that there will be a sequel in animation, too. Reaction to the whole story: I am hooked from the beginning because of Anne's being so talkative. I love her being so romantic in her speaking and daydreamings. I also like it meld with the character of Marilla which I think is uptight and so strict. It wouldn't work is she has another type of character. I mean I just think that their characters and personalities goes well together to send the message of a girl living in that type of situation. Matthew too added to the whole theme because his meakness that is contrary to Anne brings out the fun side to things. If that is the right interpretation of it. I just think that the three of them in one house and their situation makes the story more interesting and fun to watch. Because if Marilla or Matthew has a different character I think Anne's wouldn't be as effective. And that is why we love her. The other parts of the story like meeting Diana, her bosom friend adds to the flow of the story. Anne having to long for a real type of friend gives us the idea or the means to be grateful or to cherish someone whom doesn't really comes that often in our lives. It makes me think of friends that I had in the past that has that level that Diana and Anne has. It's like a goal we all have to achieve. To find that soulmate that we can stick to through thick or thin

No comments:

Post a Comment